Thursday, January 11, 2018

Bee Happy

It's been kind of fun switching gears from making Christmas cards
to now a sort of  'anything goes'  cards.

Today I have a card using the first ever stamp and die set 
from Tutti Designs.


I started my card with a honeycomb background paper
from a new  12 x 12 paper pad I purchased called
Tell The Bees by Hackney & Company.
I don't buy a lot of the 12 x 12 paper pads as I am usually imtimidated
by the large prints, but this one I purchased for a few reason,
being it was not only beautiful but it was half off at Joanns.com.


Good enough reasons for me (plus I had no paper...hahaha!)
But all kidding aside, it is a beautiful pad of paper and superb quality!
You will see it here again.

I made a frame from Tutti Designs Nesting Cross Stitch Squares.
Have you seen these dies?  The price is amazing for what you get...
check it out!


Then simply stamped, colored, and die cut my images.
I found the best way to match the dies to the stamps to cut
was to first die cut, then used the negative part of the die
to line up over the image, tape down with removable tape,
then fit the little die in (kind of like a puzzle piece), then also tape that
down, then run thru my Big Shot.
Save the negatives for later use.

What you can't see, is I used a Gelly Roll Stardust pen
on all the images, giving a bit of sparkle.
Just a fun little card!

On another note, does anyone know what is going on with blogger?
I can't comment as it takes too long and then times out
AND it tells me all the challenges I visit is NOT secure, even
my own at times???  Is anyone else having these troubles?

Entering the following challenges:
Southern Girls .... Stitching (cross stitch)
Shopping Our Stash  .... In With The New (stamp set new)
Sunny Day Crafting .... 'B' is for Bumble Bee
Simon Says Wednesday .... Patterned Paper

10 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
Janis

Judy Woodland said...

Oh my gosh, such a cute card!!! That little bee just makes me smile, and then the sweet little spider and his web is just the perfect final touch. Super adorable!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and I love how you did the frame for it. I have made frames in the same way but not lately so the reminder was a good one for me.

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! That bee is so sweet!! I love the papers, too!! I need to check out that stack at Joann!! Love it, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Leslie Miller said...

Very cute and happy! Now you're going to be busy stamping in addition to die cutting for Tutti. That paper pad looks gorgeous and I love the name of it! I shy away from the large pads, but I might find this irresistible. Yes, I'm having those same problems with Blogger. Commenting takes forever. Click to publish, look at the bottom of the screen and it says "waiting for Blogger". Okay, so I open a new tab and go back and forth while it does it's thing. Other people have mentioned this problem, too.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Such a sweet and happy card, love the colors, so very Spring like and that Bee is just about the cutest!!!
Love the pattern paper, that pad you showed must be beautiful inside but, I have a big problem with Double Sided papers, most of the time, both sides are gorgeous and I just can't make up my mind as to which one I should put under.
Thank you for playing with SHOPPING OUR STASH, I hope you play again soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that I too, am having bad troubles with Blogger, apparently my posts are not getting to my friends who follow me and also, they might be having troubles commenting.
Hope it's resolved soon.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.

Donna Phelan said...

Gorgeous paper pack--reminds me of Winnie The Pooh! Love it! Your card is fresh and fun, so happy and sunshiny! That bee is super cute!

Meetu Aggarwal said...

Really cute card, loved the usage of paper pad and the die.. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge...

Deanna Mulder said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunny Day Crafting.